Working with Local Getaways
Launched in June 2021, LocalGetaways.com offers travel tips, best of’s and booking opportunities for California and Hawaii. As we got our start in Hawaii, our mission is to share the Aloha Spirit, an actual law, which is defined in part as the coordination of mind and heart within each person and that each person must think and emote good feelings to others. If you agree, we’d love to work with you!
Position: Digital Marketing Associate
270 Media, an award-winning lifestyle boutique media company based in Sausalito, California, is looking for the ideal candidate to join our dynamic team as a Digital Marketing Associate.
We are looking for someone to implement, track and optimize our social and digital marketing campaigns across all 270 Media digital channels. Do you live and breathe digital marketing? Do you love travel, food and adventure? Are your weekends spent exploring all facets of our great state? Do you have a sense of humor and a bit of a competitive spirit? (Ok, a lot of competitive spirit.)
If yes, let’s talk.
As part of our startup team, you will create content, and help out with events as well as represent our brands at industry events.
This will be a full-time, multi-faceted, position based in Sausalito.
What does a Digital Marketing Associate do:
You should have a strong grasp of current marketing tools and strategies and be able to collaborate on creating marketing campaigns (newsletter, social and sweepstakes) from concept to execution.
Digital Marketing Associate responsibilities include:
- Creating content for both editorial and advertising across all 270 social media products.
- Planning and executing all digital marketing, marketing database, email and social media campaigns.
- Managing and execute newsletter distribution for all 270 Media products.
- Assisting in measuring and reporting performance of all digital marketing campaigns, and assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) and identify trends and insights, and optimize spend and performance based on the insights.
- Managing advertorial content on websites, newsletters and social platforms.
- Collaborating with agencies and other vendor partners.
- Editing, uploading and optimizing (sometimes creating) videos for social media platforms including YouTube.
Requirements and skills:
- BS/MS degree in marketing or a related field.
- Demonstrable experience in executing email, social media and/or display advertising campaigns.
- Comfortable working with data to identify target audiences and devise digital campaigns that engage, inform and motivate.
- Strong analytical skills and data-driven thinking.
Compensation: $60K plus benefits.
Position: Sales Account Manager
Local Getaways has an immediate opportunity for a highly motivated and experienced Account Managers to drive sales revenue for Local Getaways within the California and Hawaii markets. This role will be responsible for prospecting and selling new business with customized 360 degree solutions across print, digital, social, video, and experiential platforms at Local Getaways. The ideal candidate will have an in-depth understanding of the current media landscape, will have established relationships with marketers at local brands and agencies, and a high level of comfort with networking and securing long-term partnerships.
*This is a full-time position at our office in Sausalito, CA.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Prospect and develop new business by cultivating high-level client relationships with a focus on consultative selling
- Manage and maintain client relationships from initial contact through campaign completion
- Work with Marketing teams to create client proposals and solutions based on an in-depth knowledge of the client, the marketplace, and Local Getaways products
- Meet and exceed all sales quotas and goals as set by leadership
- Attend scheduled sales meetings
- Report regularly to leadership on sales pipeline and partnership progress
- Serve as a Local Getaways ambassador within the California/Hawaii communities by attending targeted events and continually networking
Successful candidates will possess the following skills/abilities:
- Highly-driven and goal-oriented
- Self-motivated and with an ability to exercise independent judgment and solve problems while still able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Personable with superb people skills and a professional demeanor
- Excellent presentation skills and a clear understanding of Microsoft Office products
- Experience with CRM systems
- Ability to understand and sell complex ideas across multiple media platforms
- Ability to develop and deliver sales presentations and negotiate contracts based on the needs of the client
- Very strong organizational and time-management skills
- Additional skills required include strategizing, marketing and networking
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years sales experience in a media or agency environment
- A clear understanding of current media trends on a local and regional
- Strong persuasive verbal and written communication skills
Our Work Environment?
- Our people are our best asset!
- Our team enjoys being part of a dynamic, creative environment focused on community and travel
- Everyone has an entrepreneurial spirit and is valued
- Authenticity, integrity and quality are our core values
- Collaboration is encouraged
Sound like a good fit?
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the job title and job location in the subject line.
Salary: Competitive, with benefits
Position: 270 MEDIA INTERN
We are looking for someone to help with overall marketing and editorial strategy for 270 Media and our portfolio of products: Local Getaways California, Local Getaways Hawaii and our quarterly print publication. You will work on editorial, ads, digital marketing and social networking.
Join our edit and sales team and work on projects that directly impact company growth and revenue. We want this internship to be an impactful and informative learning experience for you, and you will be joining us at a particularly exciting time as we expand our brand!
- Are excited to collaborate with talented people and solve interesting problems
- Are resourceful, can operate with little direction, and have a strong “get stuff done” attitude
- Can articulate your ideas and research clearly — in person and in writing
- Have basic/intermediate skills in Google Drive and WordPress — Adobe InDesign and Photoshop are highly desirable as are video editing skills
- Are detail-oriented
- Want to learn more about the publishing industry
- Want to work on a team that will invest in your personal/professional development
The broad internship duties include:
- Assisting marketing and edit team
- Promoting brand awareness (includes marketing copywriting, social network outreach, blog sharing, etc.)
- Differentiating ourselves from competitive media
- Positioning us to publicists and marketers as the go-to resource for stories and expert staff
- Assisting in integrating our online, print, mobile and social media networks
MARKETING INTERN DETAILS
This internship offers candidates the opportunity to:
- Develop and promote new sales initiatives (includes marketing copywriting)
- Promote future issues
- Promote signature events
- Develop sponsorship opportunities
- Promote sponsored events
- Fulfill sponsorship benefits with online presence for clients (includes marketing copywriting, some visual storytelling)
- Facilitate strategic media and event partnerships
EDIT INTERN DETAILS
This internship offers candidates the opportunity to:
- Hone their editorial voice and research skills
- Gain a better understanding of the WordPress content management system, SEO skills and Trello
- Learn how to effectively work with members of the public relations community
- Develop their photographic sense through helping to source, size and edit photos for the site
We only offer internships to students who are currently enrolled in an accredited undergraduate program of study. Before we can schedule an interview, we need confirmation from your department that our internship program fulfills all requirements set forth by your department. Please send any documentation from your school that outlines what needs to be covered to fulfill course credit towards your degree, and we’ll see if a meeting would be appropriate to schedule — thanks!
If you are a qualified candidate and interested in this position, we encourage you to apply. Please email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title and job location in the subject line.
Salary: School credit
Are you a photographer who loves where you live? And we mean, do you wake up when it’s still dark to get that iconic shot of the fog/water/rising sun? If so, we’d love to connect with you!
We’re a group of long-time publishing folks who are crazy about our communities and the people who make them shine. We showcase the best of California and Hawaii on our site — localgetaways.com — in a weekly newsletter, a quarterly print issue, and on social media.
We love words and know that a picture is worth (at least) a thousand of them.
For editorial consideration, please send images to email@example.com with “Photo submission” in the subject line, and feel free to start a convo in our DMs.